The property and the vine develops between the river and the mountain, along the various slopes that flank and confluent with the river. This vineyard was first planted in 1845 by Baron of Seixo. It occupies about 200 hectares, a third of which cultivated with vines, classified with the letter A, the highest category in the Douro scale.
Its origin comes back to the year 1930. Touriga Nacional, Alfrocheiro and Encruzado are the main varieties.
Currently with 130 hectares, 70 of which are planted with vines. The soils are composed by a first sandy loam layer and another deeper layer of compact clay-calcareous consistency.